Tree Removal or Relocation
A permit is required if you are planning to remove or relocate a tree on your commercial or residential property. To obtain a permit, you must submit a completed Application for Tree Removal or Relocation to the City's Planning and Economic Development Department. It is important to remember, that the submission of the application does not authorize the removal of trees. Further, work may not be performed until the application is approved and a permit is issued.
Should you want to discuss your application prior to submission, please set up a meeting with the City Landscape Inspector by calling 954-392-2100 or by e-mail. Please keep in mind that staff is in the field performing inspections throughout the day and may not be available without an appointment.
Submitting your Application
Applications for Tree Removal or Relocation may be submitted online via Pines Web Services - Development HUB or via US Mail or hand delivery. If the application is submitted electronically via the Development HUB, staff will review the application for completeness and issue an invoice for payment. Staff will not inspect the trees for removal before payment is made.
Mailed applications should be sent to:
Planning and Economic Development Department,
Attention: Landscaping/Tree Removal
601 City Center Way, 3rd Floor
Pembroke Pines, FL 33025
1. Applications must be signed and fully completed.
2. Must include a letter of approved action from the homeowners association when applicable.
3. Must include a sketch or location map as well as the number of trees slated for removal/relocation.
4. Must include at least one color photo of each tree being applied for.
5. Fees may be submitted:
• Via the mail, by check, or by money order.
• Online in the Development HUB with an invoice via *Credit Card or e-check (*additional Fees may apply).
6. A check or money order, payable to the City of Pembroke Pines, with appropriate fees (non-refundable):
• Detached Single Family - $25.00
• Multi-Family or Commercial - $50.00 for up to 10 trees, plus $10.00 for each additional tree.
7. A copy of the notice of code violation if applicable.
8. No work may be performed until the application is approved.
9. All applicants must contact Sunshine-811 by dialing 8-1-1 to have the property marked from underground utilities.
All applications will have an initial inspection by staff within 10 City business days from the date the application was received.
- The application will receive a determination of approval or denial via email and US Mail after the inspection occurs.
- If a tree is removed, a replacement must be installed within 30 calendar days.
- A second inspection will occur a minimum of 90 calendar days after the issuance of the permit to ensure compliance with the terms of the permit.
- The permit expires 90 calendar days after the issue date. Permit extensions may be requested in writing.
- To check the status of an application after 10 City business days: online via the Development HUB, or call 954-392-2100.
- The tree unreasonably restricts the permitted use of the property.
- A proposed development cannot be located on the site without tree removal.
- The property owner has made every reasonable effort to incorporate existing trees in the development project and to minimize the number of trees removed.
- The tree is significantly damaging existing structures and cannot be mitigated through proper arboricultural practices or reasonable modifications to the property.
- The tree interferes with utility services and cannot be mitigated through proper arboricultural practices.
- The tree creates an ongoing safety problem for the existing development and cannot be mitigated through proper arboricultural practices.
- The tree is obstructing safe sight lines.
- The tree is growing too close in proximity to another more valuable tree(s) to permit normal growth and development of the affected tree(s).
- The tree is of poor quality and condition but is not considered a hazardous tree.
- It is in the public interest and welfare that the tree be removed for a reason other than set forth herein.