News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/8/2020 1:34:43 PM to 11/8/2020 6:27:58 PM.
In The News
Posted on: November 8, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Storm Closures/Cancellation/Alerts
Due to the approach of Tropical Storm Eta, bringing with it potential tropical force storm winds and flooding during school hours, Broward County Public Schools, including the Pembroke Pines Charter School system, will revert to 100% eLearning on Monday, November 9th. Districtwide education and administration will be fully operational remotely, with physical school campus buildings and administrative sites closed. All before and after school activities are canceled. At this time, emergency shelter locations have not been activated.
Additionally, the following closures/cancellations within the City of Pembroke Pines and announcements for Monday, November 9 are as follows:
- Early Development Centers (West and Central Campuses) - closed
- City Hall is closed – the Building Permits Dept. is closed to public – employees will work from home
- All city parks and the golf course are closed to visitors and employees
- Garbage/Bulk/Recycling pick-up has been suspended for the day. Regular schedule will resume on the next regularly scheduled day. DO NOT place items out until storm passes.
- Public Safety – Police and Fire – are fully operational.
- The City’s Road and Bridge/Public Works/Utilities departments will be ready to clear roads and handle any public works issues that may arise.
- The city’s Emergency Operations Center will open at 10 pm tonight (Nov. 8th) and will remain open until the storm passes.
Residents, businesses and all employees are advised to monitor the City’s website at www.ppines.com for updated information regarding City Services.