Recruitment / Employment
Our department is looking for individuals who adhere to our values of commitment, respect, integrity, teamwork, and innovation. To begin the hiring process, fill out an online application now.
Become a Pembroke Pines Police Officer
The Pembroke Pines Police Department offers numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement opportunities for what is a challenging and rewarding career. Our team consists of:
For a full list of currently available job opportunities within our agency, visit our Jobs webpage for available positions and detailed job descriptions.
Certified with over 5 years' experience - $68,745.00
Certified with 3 to 5 years' experience - $65,756.00
Certified with 1 to 3 years' experience - $62,767.00
No experience - $59,779.00
- $10,000 Hiring Bonus for any Florida Certified Officer
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus to any Non-Certified Applicant
- Up to $5,000 Relocation Bonus
- The City Does Not Require COVID-19 Vaccination
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
All applicants must provide the following at the time of application:
1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship
2. Birth Certificate (showing minimum age of 19)
3. Copy of FDLE Certification
4. Passing Physical Agility test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
5. Passing Swim test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
6. Passing CJBAT test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
7. Original Driver’s License
8. Copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
9. Associates Degree or equivalent (60 credit hours) from an accredited college/university OR an Honorably Discharged Veteran or current member of a Reserve component of the U.S. Military or Florida National Guard, OR two (2) years Certified Law Enforcement experience as a Police Officer.
- Job applications can be found here. about undefined about undefined about undefined about undefined
WHEN THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE, SUBMIT THE PDF FILE AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT TO PinesPoliceJobs@ppines.com.
Applicants can register for their Physical Agility, Swim, and CJBAT tests with the Broward College Institute of Public Safety via their website. Proof of passing for all three tests must be submitted along with your application.
- Potential employees who live more than 100 miles away from Pembroke Pines are eligible for up to $5,000 relocation reimbursement to help you with the costs of relocating to Florida to work for our agency. Our Backgrounds and Selections Unit can assist you with your eligibility during the hiring process.
Are you a prospective police officer for the City of Pembroke Pines and are looking to relocate to a home within the city? Our agency wants to help you find a place to call home!
Enjoy reduced security deposits, reduced rent, an expedited waiting list status and various amenities such as;
Washer and Dryer Free Basic Cable
Spacious Walk-In Closets Water/Sewer/Trash Included
Air Conditioning Screened-In Balcony/Patio
Elevators Free Monthly Pest Control
Available housing locations provide emergency maintenance, a walking path, easy access to public transportations, and a guard gate entry. Apartment prices start at under $1,000/month.
To learn more about these housing opportunities within Pembroke Pines, including how to schedule an appointment, contact:
PINES PLACE (any age/children welcome)
PINES POINT (55 and over)
Hometown Heroes Housing Program
The Hometown Heroes Housing Program (HTH) makes housing affordable for eligible frontline workers - including police officers - by providing down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified homebuyers. The Florida Hometown Heroes Loan Program offers a lower first mortgage rate AND additional special benefits to those who currently serve their communities and those who have served and continue to serve their country.
The City of Pembroke Pines
Join Us - Progress With Us
Pembroke Pines is a vibrant community located in western Broward County, and is the 10th largest of Florida's 400+ municipalities. A big city with a small-town feel, we are home to 170,000 residents with easy accessibility to primary highways and interstates, key employment centers, entertainment venues, parks, golf courses, restaurants and retail/commercial destinations.
Our 28 parks and lush landscaping enhances the City’s natural beauty and South Florida charm. The recipient of many awards including “All-America City,” Pembroke Pines is known for its commitment to the arts and culture, its outstanding schools, exciting South Florida lifestyle for all ages, and cultural diversity.
We are conveniently located close to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, and within a 3.5 hour drive of Orlando/Disney World.
Come join and progress with us in one of the most innovative police agencies in South Florida!
If you are interested in pursuing a job with the Pembroke Pines Police Department please go to our website and fill out a job application. You may also contact our Backgrounds & Selections Unit at 954-431-2705 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Civil Rights Statement
The Pembroke Pines Police Department is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Justice policy, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write the Florida Department of Legal Affairs, Federal Discrimination Complaint Coordinator, PL-01 The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-1050, or call 850-414-3300, or write Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TYY) or https://www.ojp.gov/program/civil-rights/filing-civil-rights-complaint. Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TTY), 877-877-8982 (Speech), or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).