Recruitment / Employment
Our department is looking for individuals who adhere to our values of commitment, respect, integrity, teamwork, and innovation.
To get started on your career with the Pembroke Pines Police Department, fill out our online application.
Become a Pembroke Pines Police Officer
The Pembroke Pines Police Department offers numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement opportunities for what is a challenging and rewarding career. Our team consists of:
For a full list of currently available job opportunities within our agency, visit our Jobs webpage for available positions and detailed job descriptions.
Certified with over 5 years' experience - $68,744.00
Certified with 3 to 5 years' experience - $65,748.00
Certified with 1 to 3 years' experience - $62,774.00
No experience - $59,779.00
- $10,000 Hiring Bonus for any Florida Certified Officer
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus to any Non-Certified Applicant
- Up to $5,000 Relocation Bonus
- The City Does Not Require COVID-19 Vaccination
- 20 Year Pension (60% Benefit), Regardless of Age
- 25 Year Pension (75% Benefit)
- Maximum 80% Pension Attainable
- Purchase of up to 4 Years of Previous Military, Law Enforcement, or Corrections Experiences Toward Your Pension
- Up to 8 Year D.R.O.P. Option (Deferred Retirement Option Program)
- 4 Days On, 3 Days Off Work Schedule (10 Hour Days)
- 110 Hours of Holiday Time a Year
- 96 Hours of Sick Leave a Year
- Take Home Vehicle
- 2% Afternoon Shift Differential, 3% Midnight Shift Differential
- Paid Court Time on Your Days / Time Off
- Vacation Time:
Years 1-4 = 96 Hours a Year
Years 5-8 = 136 Hours a Year
Years 10+ = 176 Hours a Year
- Eligible for up to $1,560 Annually for College or Florida Approved Salary Incentive Training
- Weekends Off 6 Months a Year, Regardless of Seniority
- Off-Duty Employment / Details Available
- All Uniforms, Body Armor and Equipment Provided
- Education Reimbursement
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
All applicants must provide the following at the time of application:
1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship
2. Birth Certificate (showing minimum age of 19)
3. Copy of FDLE Certification
4. Passing Physical Agility test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
5. Passing Swim test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
6. Passing CJBAT test from the Broward College Institute of Public Safety
(unless CJBAT Exemption applies)
7. Original Driver’s License
8. Copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
9. Associates Degree or equivalent (60 credit hours) from an accredited college/university OR an Honorably Discharged Veteran or current member of a Reserve component of the U.S. Military or Florida National Guard, OR two (2) years Certified Law Enforcement experience as a Police Officer.
10. Completed CJSTC 58 Form about undefined about undefined about undefined (Background Investigation Waiver)
11. IF APPLICABLE -
- Police Officer Certification (Certified Applicants Only)
- DD214 Military Release Form - Member 4 Copy
*** CJBAT EXEMPTION - Florida State Statute 943.17 authorizes any individual who is a veteran (as defined below), or holds an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university, is exempt from taking a basic skills examination and assessment instrument (CJBAT) as a prerequisite for entrance into a basic recruit training program for law enforcement officer.
The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under honorable conditions only or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions, notwithstanding any action by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs on individuals discharged or released with other than honorable discharges. ***
Applicants can register for their Physical Agility, Swim, and CJBAT tests with the Broward College Institute of Public Safety via their website. Proof of passing for all three tests must be submitted along with your application.
- Potential employees who live more than 100 miles away from Pembroke Pines are eligible for up to $5,000 relocation reimbursement to help you with the costs of relocating to Florida to work for our agency. Our Backgrounds and Selections Unit can assist you with your eligibility during the hiring process.
Are you a prospective police officer for the City of Pembroke Pines and are looking to relocate to a home within the city? Our agency wants to help you find a place to call home!
Enjoy reduced security deposits, reduced rent, an expedited waiting list status and various amenities such as;
Washer and Dryer Free Basic Cable
Spacious Walk-In Closets Water/Sewer/Trash Included
Air Conditioning Screened-In Balcony/Patio
Elevators Free Monthly Pest Control
Available housing locations provide emergency maintenance, a walking path, easy access to public transportations, and a guard gate entry. Apartment prices start at under $1,000/month.
To learn more about these housing opportunities within Pembroke Pines, including how to schedule an appointment, contact:
PINES PLACE (any age/children welcome)
PINES POINT (55 and over)
Hometown Heroes Housing Program
The Hometown Heroes Housing Program (HTH) makes housing affordable for eligible frontline workers - including police officers - by providing down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified homebuyers. The Florida Hometown Heroes Loan Program offers a lower first mortgage rate AND additional special benefits to those who currently serve their communities and those who have served and continue to serve their country.
The City of Pembroke Pines
Join Us - Progress With Us
Pembroke Pines is a vibrant community located in western Broward County, and is the 10th largest of Florida's 400+ municipalities. Located in Southwest Broward County, the city spans an area of 34.8 square miles which includes multiple residential subdivisions, commercial plazas, major highways such as I-75 and US-27, lakes and canals, and portions of the Florida Everglades along our western border.
A big city with a small-town feel, we are home to over 170,000 residents with easy accessibility to primary highways and interstates, key employment centers, entertainment venues, parks, golf courses, restaurants and retail/commercial destinations. Perfect for families, the city is home to over twenty schools including the Broward College South Campus,
Our 28 parks and lush landscaping enhances the City’s natural beauty and South Florida charm. The recipient of many awards including “All-America City,” Pembroke Pines is known for its commitment to the arts and culture, its outstanding schools, exciting South Florida lifestyle for all ages, and cultural diversity.
We are conveniently located close to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, and within a 3.5 hour drive of Orlando/Disney World.
Come join and progress with us in one of the most innovative police agencies in South Florida!
Civil Rights Statement
The Pembroke Pines Police Department is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Justice policy, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write the Florida Department of Legal Affairs, Federal Discrimination Complaint Coordinator, PL-01 The Capitol, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-1050, or call 850-414-3300, or write Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TYY) or visit their website. Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TTY), 877-877-8982 (Speech), or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).