WATER METER INSTALLATION PROJECT
a project for the replacement of aging residential water meters, 20-years old or older, throughout the City.This program is necessary to ensure continued accurate billing for all Utility customers. The Utilities Department replaces water meters throughout the year as needed. However, over time, the volume of meters that need to be changed due to age has increased. Meter technology has also changed. Your new water meter will be equipped for mobile drive-by reading, eliminating manual entry of your monthly meter reading. Your new water meter will also contain components to capture consumption usage on an hourly/daily basis and in graph format. This information, when requested, can help you better understand your monthly water usage habits or to determine if you have a leak.
WATCH FOR YOUR WATER METER NOTIFICATION
If you are a part of this program, you will receive the below 2 Door Hanger notifications.
The contractor will place the 1st Door Hanger Notification (a white door hanger) on your door within 2 weeks prior to when the work will start. Below is the message:
The contractor will place the 2nd Door Hanger Notification (a white door hanger) on your front door once your water meter has been replaced. Below is the message:
We thank you for your support and cooperation to make this program a success.
Michael F. Bailey
Senator Howard C. Forman Campus
8300 South Palm Drive
Pembroke Pines, FL 33025
Emergency/After hours: 954-986-5011
Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Fridays and Legal Holidays
Waste Pro USA
- How do I know if my water meter is going to be replaced?
- I received a door hanger on my front door, what is this about?
- Why is the City initiating a “Water Meter Replacement Program”?
- Do I have to have my water meter replaced if my meter is on the list?
- What should I do if/when I receive the 1st Door Hanger Notification?
- Will I be without water during this time?
- Can I make an appointment ahead of time to best suit my schedule?
- Why did I receive a 2nd Door Hanger Notification?
- Why is my water discolored? Why do I have air in my lines? Why do I see small particles of sediment in my water?
- Will I need to boil my water once the work is completed?
- Do I have to pay for this new meter?
- Was there something wrong with my old water meter?
- How will I be able to identify the authorized contractor doing work on/at my property?
- Who do I call if I have any questions or concerns after my water meter is replaced?